- Beginning Band is for students age 10 and above.
- Cadet (Intermediate) Band is for those with prior experience.
- Concert Band is our highest band and requires an audition to become a member.
- Bands will rehearse once a week and will have a concert at the end of each semester.
- Rehearsals will be in the Instrumental Rehearsal Room of the Pillsbury Music Center on the campus of William Jewell College.
- Beginning Band rehearsals are Wednesday 10:00-10:55 AM.
- Cadet Band rehearsals are Wednesday 8:00 AM-8:55 PM.
- Concert Band rehearsals are Wednesday 9:00-9:55 AM.
- The bands have 2 semesters (September-December & January-April).
- Student/parent information events, including an instrument open house, are planned for August 23 & 30, 2023 9:00-11:00 AM in the Instrumental Rehearsal Room of the Pillsbury Music Center on the campus of William Jewell College Continue to check the "Current News" for updated information. There will be instrument rental information available if needed.
- Tuition is paid at the beginning of each semester. The cost is $150 for the first student, and $140 for each additional student per family. There is also a one time $30 registration fee per student due at time of enrollment which covers the method book and more.
- Please use the “Contact Us” form on the right to ask any questions. We would love to hear from you!
Meet the director
Our director, Angela Witt, has a BS degree in Instrumental Music Education, and worked in both the Belton, MO and Lees Summit, MO school districts as a band director B.C. (Before Children). Angela stepped away from the public schools once she became a mother, but has always stayed involved in the band community, including the Spirit of Independence Concert Band in Independence, MO as well as the Kansas City Wind Symphony as a bassoonist. She has taught private lessons for over 25 years to various levels of band students, and continues to provide lessons in her home studio.